- Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopaedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Master’s in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Institute of Graduate Health Sciences, 1982
- Certificate in Physical Therapy, Mayo Clinic, Rochester, Minnesota, 1977
- Bachelor’s in Biology, State University College of New York, 1975
- Adjunct Associate Professor at the College of Osteopathic Medicine at Michigan State
- Certified Instructor for Neuromeningeal Manipulation for the Barral Institute.
Areas of Specialty
- Manual therapy for headaches and head trauma
- Myofascial release
- Visceral manipulation
- American Physical Therapy Association
- Orthopedic Section Fellow in the American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapy
- Instructor of continuing education courses for physical therapists across the country
- Certified instructor of Neuromeningeal Manipulation for the Barral Institute
What do you like best about PTOSI?
The therapists and staff at PTOSI strive to help our patients improve their health by devoting themselves to learning the most up-to-date methods of treatment and empowering our patients to take control of their pain through education and exercise.
Hobbies and Activities
Downhill skiing, golf, reading about the Civil War
- Co-editor of the sixth edition of Bourdillon’s Spinal Manipulation, published in 2002
- Geraci MC, Lambert M, Bookhout MR. Neuromobilization Techniques/Evaluation and Treatment of Adverse Neurodynamic Tension in Rehabilitation of the Spine, Second Edition, Craig Liebenson. Lippincot, Williams, and Wilkens, Baltimore, Maryland 2007.
- Bookhout MR. Exercise and Somatic Dysfunction. Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation Clinics of North America, November, 1996; Volume 7, Number 4: Pages 845-862.
- Bookhout MR. Evaluation and Conservative Management of Spondylolisthesis. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, 1993; Volume 1, Number 1: Pages 24-31.
- Bookhout MR. Physical Therapy Treatment for Low Back Pain. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Fall, 1991; Volume 1, Number 3: Pages 7-15.
- Bookhout MR. Biomechanical Assessment of Low Back Pain. Journal of Back and Musculoskeletal Rehabilitation, Spring, 1991; Volume 1, Number 1: Pages 33-45.