- Doctor of Physical Therapy, EIM Institute, 2012
- Master’s in Orthopedic Physical Therapy, Institute of Graduate Health Sciences, 1982
- Physical Therapy Certificate, Northwestern University Medical School, 1977
- Bachelor’s in Biology, Wheaton College, 1976
Additional Training and Certifications
Orthopedic Certified Specialist (OCS) Fellow, American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists (FAAOMPT)
Medical mission trips to Ukraine, Haiti and Dominican Republic Adjunct Clinical Faculty, University of St. Catherine PT Program
- American Physical Therapy Association, Orthopedic Section and Private Practice Section
- American Academy of Orthopedic Manual Physical Therapists
- Board Member of the Fellowship of Christian Athletes, Northern Metro Area
Areas of Specialty
- Orthopaedic Conditions
- Spinal Conditions
- Craniosacral Therapy
- Myofascial Release
- Sports Programs
- Running Program
What do you like best about PTOSI?
Using my hands and knowledge to enable those with musculoskeletal pain to return to an active lifestyle without restriction and without needing ongoing medical intervention for their problem. I am very privileged to work with so many therapists that have a wealth of knowledge and experience to help me with challenging patients.
Hobbies and Activities
Fishing, cycling, nordic and alpine skiing, choral singing, playing hand bells and spending time with my family.
- Darling, Donald W. In Search of the Perfect Treatment in Back Pain Rehabilitation. Chapter of a book edited by Brian P. D’Orazio, PT, MS. Andover Medical Publishers, August, 1993.
- Darling DW, Kraus S, Glasheen-Wray MB. Relationship of Head Posture and the Rest Position of the Mandible. The Journal of Prosthetic Dentistry, July, 1984; Volume 52, Number 1: Pages 111-115.