- Jaw or facial pain
- Clicking, popping, or grating sounds in your jaw
- Neck tension
- Ear pain or ringing of the ears
- Biting or chewing difficulties
Physical Therapy can offer you relief of your TMD symptoms
TMD can be caused by a variety of factors including grinding or clenching your teeth, arthritis in the temperomandibular joint, dysfunction in the joints and soft tissues of the neck, poor posture and stress.
PTOSI therapists will help determine the cause of your TMD and develop a customized plan to help you manage your symptoms and improve function. Treatment may include:
- Manual therapy to mobilize the joints and soft tissues of your neck and jaw
- Exercises to stretch the muscles of your neck and jaw
- Postural training
- Stress management strategies
PTOSI therapists have special training to reduce pain and increase function. PTOSI Therapists treat the painful muscles and the joint with soft tissue mobilization, manual therapy, and exercises to strengthen muscles in the jaw and neck. Treatment of associated neck and back problems is frequently needed as well.
If you have questions regarding treatment options, please contact the location most convenient for you. We would be happy to answer your questions, and/or schedule a consultation for you.