Although there is not once specific exercise to prevent ACL injuries, there are exercises to help prevent injuries.
– Being involved in a program designed to improve balance, strength, and sports performance.
– Strengthening core muscles.
– Exercises should be done 2 or 3 times per week and should include sport-specific exercises.
– Developing and maintaining strength and endurance in your lower extremities.
– Cross-training in your cardiovascular workout using biking, elliptical, etc.
– You can also avoid an ACL injury by preparing for your favorite sport in the preseason. Plan for at least four weeks of endurance training before your basketball, tennis, or racquetball league begins, or prior to ski season.
For additional ways to avoid injuries, or to get help recovering from an existing injury contact PTOSI >