Summer is prime cycling season and sometimes injuries happen. The Therapists at PTOSI can help recreational and competitive bikers manage their current symptoms and return to biking with techniques to prevent future injuries.
Several Therapists at PTOSI bike to work everyday regardless of rain or snow, and some have biked to work for over 30 years! Our Biking Program is focused on treating and preventing injuries, and getting you back on the bike. Below are some additional details and information about what our Biking Program entails:
PTOSI therapists will examine your posture and movement patterns in order to see how they may be producing pain or causing injuries.
This program benefits:
- Bikers suffering from acute or chronic back or neck pain.
- Bikers who have been unable to relieve pain previously.
- Bikers seeking to return to riding who have undergone recent surgery.
- Bikers who are training and seeking postural evaluation.
- Evaluation of history, related injuries, and training protocol
- Physical examination
- Examination of bike and pedal system
- Balance and core-strengthening exercises
- Biking-specific posture training
- Effective training strategies to reduce/eliminate pain